Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Sigh, my Cally is sick all the time

I really would love to keep family in the Loop, but the words of "I wanted to report you to CPS because your child keeps getting sick!" just won't ever leave my mind. I'm afraid to have family over when she's sick, I'm afraid to let them find out that Cally is still sick often. I'm with this little girl 24-7 and do everything in my power to keep her well, including a loop of doctors. Its really heart breaking to see her suffer so much. I've come to a point where I'm just going to stop exposing her to other kids as much.

Yes, being with other kids is good for her, as well as some germ exposure, but she's not just a regular kid. The more she gets sick, the worse off she is, because those lungs have not had time to recover. It looks as if she does have asthma. I have it, I also have sinus disease, allergies and all of the above. I have general immune system weakness with autoimmune disease, but I try to keep healthy as much as possible (a healthy sick person). She improves drastically in the summer so it can't come soon enough. I think at the most I will be putting her in 2s & 3s once a week instead of three times a week. I feel bad because she has so much fun in there. At the end of this month we go to the asthma doctor for allergy testing. I am really looking for a glimmer of hope here.

No comments: